All photography provided by Ally Ringer.
Since returning to school in 2012 to earn my MBA with a concentration in sustainable business practices, I have been using my business skills and background in engineering to help businesses craft strategies to make the world a better place while turning a monetary profit.
I truly believe in the values of the triple bottom line- people, profit, and planet. As an MBA I am skilled in traditional strategic analysis led by great thinkers like Michael Porter, but it's his research on the concept of "shared value" that I am staking my career on. My mission is to drive sustainability into core business practices, to help businesses find opportunities for shared value within their value chain and capitalize on them to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
Accomplishments & Awards
- Worked with the Portland Timbers to create a plan that would double its waste diversion, decrease its carbon footprint by 42%, focus its strategic philanthropy, and strengthen the Timbers brand leading to higher ticket sales.
- Complete Michael Crooke's (former CEO of Patagonia) advanced strategy course at the University of Oregon MBA.
- Co-founded SkyWard, a technology company that enables insurable, legal, and profitable flights for UAS operators.
- Voted Outstanding MBA Student for 2014 by my classmates in the Oregon MBA. Awarded for excellence both inside and outside the classroom.
MBA- Sustainable Business Practices
University of Oregon
Lundquist College of Business
- BS Mechanical Engineering
University of Kentucky